The AEM EV PDU-8 is a VCU expansion device that gives you the power to program and control various switched devices using our VCUs, like cooling fans, headlights, brake lights, turn signals, windshield wipers, and more on EV street-conversion and motorsports vehicles. Eight PDU-8s can be connected on the CAN bus for a total of 64 available channels. The ability to connect up to eight PDU-8s on the same CAN bus network lets installers mount the individual PDUs closer to the subsystems they are controlling, which simplifies wiring, reduces weight, and increases reliability.
Our 8-Channel Power Distribution Unit provides CAN-directed switched power to the various systems on an EV by receiving its commands directly from a Vehicle Control Unit like our VCU200 or VCU300 or other VCU with CAN transmission capability, eliminating the need to create complicated logic programming in the PDU. This makes them easy to configure, easy to troubleshoot and negates the need to have dedicated spares for motorsports electric vehicles since they can be used interchangeably.
The PDU-8 interfaces with the VCU200 and VCU300. One PDU-8 may currently be added to an AEM Infinity ICE management system.
- Control switched functions from a VCU over CAN bus!
- Four 20A and four 10A high-side 12V outputs for activating/deactivating various switched devices
- Connect up to eight units for a total of 64 channels
- Smaller modules allow for multiple units to be deployed nearer the systems they control, simplifying wiring and reducing weight
- CAN-commanded PDU, no logic programming required for PDU operation
- PDU ID is defined by wiring at the connector, allowing units to be fully interchangeable
- Small size and lightweight (103x67x33mm/4.05x2.70x1.5”, 190g/6.7oz/0.42lbs.)
- Individual channel current draw and fault states are reported back to the VCU
- Fully-sealed, waterproof billet-aluminum enclosure
- Diagnostics and fault detection including CAN message timeouts, thermal limits, contactor, and inverter enable cross-checks