The Infinity 6 ECU is one of the most popular options for 4 to 6 cylinder engines. We regularly see Infinity ECU’s on 2JZ, 1JZ, RB26, SR20, K20, 4g63, KA24 and more! All with great results. The Infinity 506 ECU offers DBW, Flex fuel, internal wideband controller and a series of engine protection features that really make this ECU a great option for any high end build. Extensive research & development was put into designing the Infinity series EMS ensuring that the Infinity ECUs deliver unmatched performance to keep your engine running strong for years to come.
The Infinity series EMS utilizes the latest generation 200 MHz automotive processor that can process 400 MIPS. Fueling needs are calculated by an airflow model based volumetric efficiency (VE) algorithm which eliminates the old “lookup” method of many older generation ECUs. Flex fuel and multi-fuel capability, on-board wideband air/fuel control, map switching and knock control are all standard features that set the Infinity appart. Engine protection strategies include coolant temp, oil temp, AFR vs. MAP, intake air temp, knock and fuel pressure all work to ensure your engine remains safe even if there is a fuel system or coolant failure. Programmable drive-by-wire, variable cam timing, boost control, nitrous control and traction control are also fully programmable to ensure you get the most out of your engine build.
Data logging up to 64GB via a removable USB is standard with logging rates up to 1KHZ per channel means tuners will have all the data they could ever want. CANbus communications is also a great feature of the Infinity ECU allowing it to communicate with other CANbus modules such as sensors, ecus, dashes and other accessories.
AEM Infinity 506 Key Features
- Universal wiring, Plug n Play harnesses available.
- works with factory sensors or aftermarket sensors.
- Context sensitive help eases tuning process.
- Maps can be password protected by the tuner to prevent unauthorized usage or sharing.
- Runs on Windows-compatible software.
- 2-Channel CAN included
- Internal simulator
- Airflow model based calculations VE
- VE-based engine startup
- Multiple boost control strategies (time, gear, vehicle speed, switch and more)
- Drive by wire (with Advanced Tuning Package)
- 2-step programmable launch control (3-step with Advanced Tuning Package)
- Programmable traction control, 2-wheel speed or engine acceleration (4-wheel speed with Advanced Tuning Package)
- No-lift shift (Requires Advanced Tuning Package)
- User configurable soft-cut rev limiters
- User configurable anti-lag
- Map switching (4 Separate ignition maps, 4 separate Lambda target maps, 2 separate VE tables)
- Single stage wet or dry nitrous control (4-stage with Advanced Tuning Package, coming soon)
- Integrated engine protection strategies
- Target Lambda table, 10×10
- Open-loop fuel pressure compensation
- O2 lean-out protection
- 2-channel adaptive knock control with individual cylinder trims
- Configurable coil dwell (RPM, voltage and load based)
- Individual cylinder ignition trim (RPM based)
- Individual cylinder fuel trim (RPM based)
- 3D ignition trim maps (coolant and air temp)
- Real-time sensor diagnostics
- Ignition table, 20×20
- VE airflow table, map vs. engine speed, 20×20
- User adjustable charge temperature blend (CLT/AIT, engine speed dependent)
- Idle control (stepper and pulse width)